Amount of Hours Part-Time
Virtual / Remote No
We’re looking for new instructors to join our INAUGURAL staff at the brand new Physique 57 Hoboken location. Be part of history and become a founding instructor at the very first Physique 57 location in NJ!
Physique 57 is the pioneering leader of barre-based fitness classes. We are a rapidly growing fitness and media company based in New York City with US franchise locations in addition to studios in Dubai, Bangkok, and India. The instructor will teach group barre classes following the signature Physique 57 exercise methodology. Our instructors teach fun, engaging, safe, and effective exercise, providing a high level of client service consistent with our position as a luxury brand.
Our trainers are a high energy team of dynamic and creative individuals who change the lives and bodies of our clients every day. Our 200-hour training program produces the most effective and inspiring trainers in the fitness industry.
Committed to upholding the high standards of our product and to keeping our team growing diversely, we live by our brand promise to unleash the unlimited potential in those we touch with ongoing training opportunities.
** We require a 1-year commitment upfront for you to fully immerse yourself in our company culture and grow into teaching. **
** Upon hiring, you’ll complete a self-paced online training curriculum, followed by a 3-week full-time immersive training that takes place at both NYC and Hoboken studios. Please plan your schedule accordingly and ensure attendance. **
· Plan and execute barre fitness classes that are level-appropriate and that are consistent with Physique 57’s class formats
· Create a comfortable, encouraging, and appealing workout atmosphere for clients of all levels
· Ensure proper body alignment and safe and effective movement execution for all class participants by means of descriptive cueing and hands on, demonstrating anatomical knowledge and proper body mechanics
· Offer appropriate variations during all classes to accommodate clients of varied fitness levels, including personalized exercise modifications so that newer clients or those with physical limitations may follow the class safely and with ease.
· Be attentive to clients, offering hands-on corrections, individually challenging them, and relating to them personably. Instructors are expected to proactively learn and utilize at least 80% of client names every class.
· Choreograph exercise variations that are level-appropriate, creative, interesting, fun, safe, and effective. All positions or movements that are not part of the established Physique 57 technique should be approved by a Physique 57 Master Trainer.
· Thoroughly prepare for all classes, focusing on daily variety of choreography and music. Sequencing and choreography should coordinate with the music to provide an on-point, exciting, and invigorating experience for clients.
· Attend all training and continuing education sessions and take class at Physique 57, ideally twice per week, minimally four times per month.
· 1 year of teaching experience
· Background in musical theater or dance — ballet, jazz, or modern preferred
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
· Knowledge of anatomy and kinesiology (proper body mechanics)
· Upbeat, energetic, enthusiastic attitude that exudes positivity throughout each class
· A strong sense of musicality. Must be able to choreograph each class with music that meshes with the movement. We provide the guiding principles, you unleash your creativity and personality to make each class unique, effective, and memorable