Experience 2+ Years
Degree None Required
Amount of Hours Full-Time & Part-Time
Virtual / Remote Sometimes
Law Firm Billing Clerk
Growing law firm based out of Hoboken, NJ is looking for a billing coordinator who is always up for a challenge. We are looking for someone to be the point person for managing accounts receivable, the billing process, customer relations, and strategies for aligning business revenue goals with client satisfaction.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in business and thrives in a fast-paced environment to be an important member of our team, and to grow through the position.
The successful candidate will be integrally involved with our law firm’s client-facing billing & collection function and with law firm growth initiatives.
· Prepare client invoices and manage electronic & mail bi-monthly billing cycle
· Oversee electronic billing reminders and automated billing software systems
· Manage accounts receivable, collections & setting up payment plans for clients with delinquent accounts
· Manage billing preferences and billing systems for different clientele
· Address billing inquiries and questions and escalate as needed
· Analyze realization rates & assist with improvement of customer service and billing success, implementing measures to improve realization rates and accounts payable turnover
· Prepare reports for management summarizing weekly/monthly collection results
· Analyze profitability by customer type and class, and prepare reports to assist Managing Attorney and Office Manager with making decisions about how to deploy resources to drive business growth
· Work with practice teams to create budgets & projections for different practice groups
· Assist Managing Attorney & Office Manager with weekly/monthly collection budgets and liaison with different stakeholders to meet firm collection budgets and growth targets
· Improve and update the billing process to showcase the newest tools and strategies – modernizing and enhancing overall billing procedures against industry benchmarks as the firm grows
· Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
· Must be a people person.
· Must be goal-oriented and passionate about business growth – and competing against industry benchmarks.
· Must be an Analyst – hungry to tinker with existing systems and re-design and implement innovations to enhance realization and drive business growth.
· Must have a desire to be the best at what you do and to market yourself accordingly.
· Coursework in accounting, finance & business concentrations
· Experience with billing, accounts receivable
· Retail experience handling sales and complaints (i.e., server, bartender, cashier)
· Knowledge of law firm billing software, reading financial reports, cloud-based solutions and Quickbooks
· Prior experience working in a small business environment