Experience Less Than 1 Year
Degree High School Diploma
Amount of Hours Full-Time & Part-Time
Virtual / Remote No
Who says work can’t be fun!!
We are currently looking for instructors who love working with kids and LEGO bricks for our hands-on school programs and camps.
Bricks 4 Kidz® Hoboken provides S.T.E.M. enrichment education. Professionals active within their respective science fields (engineering, architecture, physics, and robotics) have created our programs. The programs are designed to promote early exposure to S.T.E.M. topics in a manner that is both educational and fun. We serve children ages 5-13 throughout Hudson & Bergen Counties, and our programs include After School, In-School Workshops, Summer Camp, Special Events and Birthday Parties. We use LEGO® bricks, gears, motors, remote controls, digital cameras, animation and programming software as the hands-on teaching tools. When a child is learning in ways that appeal to them, their learning is enhanced and the ability to retain information is greater.
We are currently seeking candidates as Program Administrators.
The Program Administrator will implement Bricks 4 Kidz programs in an engaging, fun and educational environment. They work with all stakeholders (afterschool program administrators, teachers, parents and other community partners) to maximize the effectiveness of the partnerships. They support various projects in order to grow the business.
This fun, challenging and rewarding part-time position requires 20-30 hours per week, and some weekend work (birthday parties and other events). During Summer, the position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week. It includes administration, project management and instruction.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure strong relationships with schools and partner organizations
· Support ongoing program development and strengthen program goals/strategies
· Support the day-to-day operation of Bricks 4 Kidz classes and programs.
· Building rapport with parents;
· Improvement and/or creation of a class materials inventory system;
· Conducting class observations of new employees;
· Supporting all marketing;
· Instructing classes as necessary.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
· A Passion and belief in the Bricks 4 Kidz mission
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong presentation and group facilitation skills (demonstrated experience preferred)
· Quick learner and problem solver, experience in managing conflicts
· Strong time management, administrative, analytical, and organizational skills
· Self-directed and ability to handle multiple projects
· Ability to be flexible and manage multiple priorities while maintaining high quality of work
· Strong relationship builder
· Demonstrated experience working in a diverse environment
· Reliability and Willingness to travel locally as needed
Bricks 4 Kidz Hoboken is dedicated to intentionally fostering a climate of purposeful inclusion in our workplace, and candidates of diverse backgrounds and identities are strongly encouraged to apply. Bricks 4 Kidz Hoboken is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, in accordance with federal and state law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Work Location: In person – Hoboken, and surrounding areas