Experience 3+ Years
Degree High School Diploma
Amount of Hours Full-Time
Virtual / Remote No
Bounce Mkt is a Hoboken-based business that is changing the experience of buying and selling kids’ secondhand items – all to keep clothing out of landfills and get people buying used, rather than new, to reduce the environmental impact of fashion. We’re looking for a Boutique Manager who is a self-motivated leader to oversee day-to-day operations of our small (but growing!) Hoboken, NJ shop.
We’re a young business (started in late 2021) with a big ambition to make it easier for more parents to sustainably shop for kids’ clothing by choosing pre-loved, instead of new. We’re looking for a Boutique Manager who is excited about our mission and eager to be a strategic leader and help us to set the direction for the business, while maintaining that we’re delivering excellence in the shop day-to-day. We’re looking for someone who thrives in small business and/or start-up environments and enjoys wearing different hats.
- Help us work out the best way to run our day-to-day shop operations by developing and implementing best practices for store procedures and operations;
- Review and determine which pre-loved kids’ items to buy (head buyer), which includes evaluating items brought in by clients, creating offers, ensuring fit with inventory needs, and managing relationships with individual sellers;
- Supervise a small team of part-time Associates, including developing schedules and consulting with staff to share ideas and/or concerns;
- Oversee the appearance and organization of the shop on a regular basis to ensure it is always presenting our inventory to clients in the best light;
- Support marketing efforts by generating content for social media and helping to develop new ideas to build awareness and drive traffic; and
- Promote a culture of customer service excellence.
- Retail experience is required – and resale and/or kids’ retail experience is a massive plus;
- You have experience in retail management, including supervision of staff;
- You’re knowledgeable in and have a passion for kids’ clothing and styles;
- You’re a people person who is friendly and eager to interact with customers;
- You’re super organized and can manage a bunch of balls in the air at once;
- You have strong verbal, writing, and communication skills;
- You can identify and resolve problems in order to improve the customer experience;
- You’re comfortable with basic computer and smartphone technologies;
- You’re reliable and trustworthy; and
- You’re authorized to work in the United States.
Physical Demands: As this is a retail position, the candidate must be able to stand and walk for lengthy periods including bending, rotating, and reaching, as well as lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted.
Hours & Compensation: Full-time position consisting of 30 hours per week. Starting salary is $40,000 – $45,000. Majority of shifts will take place during the week (Tuesday – Friday), though working the Saturday shift (10am-2pm) several times a month is required. 15 days paid leave iincluded.