Experience 2+ Years
Degree Bachelors Degree
Amount of Hours Part-Time
Virtual / Remote Yes
Industry Radio / TV / Media
Our TLG team is growing!!
The Local Girl brands are looking for a PT copy editor in a freelance capacity. Must have an LLC or sole proprietor status.
What You’ll Do / Primary Responsibilities:
- Write and edit/update articles and emails on a daily/weekly basis — both editorial/news and branded in nature
- Ensure copy is aligned with factual happenings and The Local Girl brand voice as well as ensuring The Local Girl brand guidelines and SEO best practices are met
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for local happenings is key, with the ability and flexibility to edit with authority on a variety of lifestyle topics (from fitness, real estate, food/drink, medical and dental, to wellness + more)
- Work with The Local Girl’s Marketing and Edit team to maintain a weekly Zoom meeting of email review and monthly team meeting.
Desired Skills + Qualifications:
- This position requires strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. We are looking for someone who is able to consistently plan ahead while maintaining production of content.
- A collaborative spirit who is comfortable interacting with a team and our local writers
- The Local Girl team often collaborates across departments (Editorial and Marketing) and we are looking for someone who is willing to learn new skills and be able to use editorial feedback to improve the work being reviewed
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude, and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Curveballs come with the territory when covering local happenings and working with external brands and partners; your adaptability and resourcefulness will be essential to carrying complex pieces across the finish line
- Proficiency in WordPress and Flodesk are a plus, but not required
- Experience using Asana is a plus, but not required
- Experience using SEO tools required
10 hours per week — salary dependent on experience.
Interested? Email your relevant experience + resume to email@example.com and also fill out this form so we can get to know you!