Experience Less Than 1 Year
Amount of Hours Part-Time
Virtual / Remote Yes
Industry Radio / TV / Media
The team at The Local Girl (Hoboken Girl + Montclair Girl) is looking for a social media/editorial intern up to 20 hours per week for the summer + fall – with opportunity for growth within company. $15/hour
– take photos and source content for social media site under direction of edit team
– help with social engagement on social platforms
– help with video content for social platforms and learn about social video sharing
– create Reels and TikToks natively
– opportunity to assist with event social media planning and posting
– weekly article production and opportunity to write content for site with author by-line
– assist editorial team with content and develop writing skills
– learn the ins and outs of what is involved with growing a small media company
– Live near in New Jersey (near Hudson County/Essex County preferred)
– Be able to work remotely and independently
– MUST have old school work ethic!
– MUST pay attention to detail, and have excellent writing, editorial, and grammatical skills
– MUST be a people person and also able to focus/stay organized
– WordPress experience a plus
– Social experience a plus
Now, a little bit about you:
You’re hungry for real experience in the social media and editorial field. You’re a college junior, senior, or recent graduate studying social media, communications, English, journalism, marketing, or a related field. You have a keen interest in news media, lifestyle content, and social media. You love what you’ve learned in class, and are eager to take it to the real world.
You’re okay doing a variety of things — all while learning on the way. If you’re exploring a career in editorial or marketing, it isn’t all glitz and glam – there’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes. You could be taking photos at the local bistro for an editorial post, coming up with a social media caption for a larger sponsored campaign, or helping organize media information for press releases. All these small pieces lead to big successes.
You have an innate love for research. As an HG and MG intern, you’ll help with article research, research reporters to create media lists, uncover new influencers across platforms like YouTube and Instagram.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment. You diligently meet deadlines and know how to shift gears when priorities change (which they can, very quickly!)
You get to work with your strengths, and grow.
We are all about teaching at our company — we want you to thrive, all while helping us with our mission to share the best local content and create an awesome community. If graphic design is your thing, we’ll make sure you get some experience in that area. If writing is an interest, we’ll help you grow your byline. The sky is the limit.
Why you’ll love it here:
You’ll learn from the best. We’re an open book and you’ll work with our team members at all levels during your time with us.
You’ll gain a little bit of experience in a LOT of areas. No two days are ever the same, and you wear many hats working at a media site. Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to research, copywriting, brainstorming, maintaining media lists, writing articles, coming up with fun ideas for new content, social media engagement, and other minor administrative tasks.
We have a lot of fun. We find lots of reasons to celebrate throughout the year – from (virtual) scavenger hunts to cookie swaps to National Doughnut Day (we love snacks, too).
It pays to intern at HG! Interns are paid a stipend and may arrange for credit through school. We require interns to be available at least 2-3 full days a week on a weekly basis. We are flexible with timing as long as within working hours.
Interested in joining the team?
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer Fall 2022 Internship.”