Experience 2+ Years
Amount of Hours Part-Time
Virtual / Remote Yes
Industry IT / WebRadio / TV / MediaWritingAdvertising / Marketing
The Local Girl Media Group is looking for a branded content freelance writer — remote work, paid per content piece ($60-$100). Be a part of a dynamic, growing team — perfect side hustle/freelance opportunity. This would be a role working with The Hoboken Girl and The Montclair Girl teams.
What You’ll Do / Primary Responsibilities:
- Write and edit/update articles on a weekly basis (usually 5-7), ensuring copy promotes the sponsor accurately while maintaining The Local Girl brand voice and ensuring The Local Girl brand guidelines and SEO best practices are met
- Produce the final/approved articles in WordPress in a timely manner, meeting internal department deadlines.
- Write and edit/update dedicated emails (usually 4-10) to The Local Girl email subscribers, ensuring copy promotes the sponsor accurately while maintaining The Local Girl brand voice and ensuring The Local Girl brand guidelines are met
- Work with The Local Girl‘s local brand partners at the guidance and direction of The Local Girl Marketing Director for upcoming content deliverables.
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for local happenings is key, with the ability and flexibility to write with authority on a variety of lifestyle topics (from fitness, real estate, food/drink, medical and dental, wellness + more)
- Work with The Local Girl’s Marketing and Edit team to connect on a weekly meeting to go over upcoming assignments
Desired Skills + Qualifications:
- This position requires strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- We are looking for someone who is able to consistently plan ahead while maintaining production of content.
- A collaborative spirit who is comfortable interacting with a team, as well as external partners. The Local Girl team often collaborates across departments (Editorial and Marketing) and we are looking for someone who is willing to learn new skills and incorporate editorial feedback to improve their work.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude, and a solution-oriented mindset.
- Curveballs come with the territory when covering local happenings and working with external brands and partners; your adaptability and resourcefulness will be essential to carrying complex pieces across the finish line
- Proficiency in WordPress and Flodesk are a plus, but not required
- Experience using Asana is a plus, but not required
- Experience using SEO tools and Google Analytics are a plus, but not required