Experience 2+ Years
Degree Bachelors Degree
Amount of Hours Full-Time
Virtual / Remote Sometimes
Industry Advertising / Marketing
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Salary: $30,000-range annual salary, based on experience, with additional benefits that include paid time off, health insurance, and 403(b) contribution.
The South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) offers innovative artistic and cultural experiences for diverse audiences within an intimate, welcoming environment. SOPAC’s Development Department plays a critical role in fostering positive relationships with patrons, donors, and other stakeholders, stewarding them to a greater connection with the organization. SOPAC’s Marketing Department plays a critical role in promoting SOPAC and SOPAC programs to current and new audiences through print and digital communications, grassroots outreach and public relations.
The primary roles of the Development & Marketing Associate are to provide administrative support, manage and execute tasks that ensure timely marketing efforts, prompt acknowledgement of gifts, and provide a high level of customer service to our patrons and members. The person in this position reports to the Development Manager and the Marketing Manager.
Staff members describe themselves as a “small but mighty” team and work together to support each other on various projects and events, beyond their typical responsibilities. There are often events when all staff are required to attend and represent SOPAC in the community. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong attention to detail and an interest in arts and culture.
SOPAC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work culture. SOPAC directly supports communities in our region with diverse populations and experiences. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. This position requires constant computer usage in a mostly stationary position, occasionally using filing cabinets and lifting/carrying office supplies, as necessary.
• Prepare acknowledgement letters, membership cards, and renewal notices
• Assist with direct mail and e-mail communications, including those to members, major donors, and funders
• Generate reports from SOPAC database to facilitate targeted mailings; coordinate segmentation and targeting of direct mail
• Publish event listings on designated web and print calendars
• Generate graphics and assist with content management of the website, email, and social media accounts
• Assist with the production and distribution of printed materials, such as brochures, posters, and postcards
• Assist with planning and execution of communication campaigns
• Attend evening/weekend live events at SOPAC or in the community as needed (registration, ticketing, social media engagement, and setup/breakdown for events)
• Provide general administrative support, including taking minutes at meetings, file management, inventory, and presentations as needed
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• Two years of related work experience
• Excellent communication, customer service, project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Proficient with website and email management (CMS, EMS)
• Proficient with social media business account management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Experience with graphic design preferred (Canva, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Experience with Salesforce preferred (CRM)
SOPAC encourages COVID-19 vaccination and staff is 100% vaccinated. Staff is working a hybrid schedule. Employees are required to attend staff meetings in-person. Masks are encouraged throughout the venue and office.
SOPAC is currently accepting digital applications. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete application must include a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 writing/graphic design samples.
Selected candidates will be invited to a remote interview. Final candidates will be asked to provided references prior to an in-person interview.
The South Orange Performing Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SOPAC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.