Experience 2+ Years
Degree Bachelors Degree
Amount of Hours Full-Time
Virtual / Remote No
The Development and Administrative Manager (DM) will report directly to the Executive Director and will be expected to:
1) Together with the Executive Director, and in coordination with the Development Committee, identify, apply for, and manage all grants – including new grants – in compliance with the terms of each grant received by the Museum.
2) Maintain and further develop the Museum’s Salesforce database, which will be used for membership solicitation and retention, fundraising, special events management, and long-term giving. In coordination with the Executive Director and the Development Committee, the DM will assume the responsibility for the Annual Fund Campaign and any other fundraising campaigns.
3) Attend weekly Museum staff meetings (led by the Executive Director), to help ensure the achievement of individual and team goals.
4) With the Executive Director and the Museum Board, the DM will assist in the conception, planning and execution of Special Events. These are fundraising events that occur from time to time and are in addition to the customary Annual Fund and fundraising campaigns. Examples of recurring events include the Hoboken House Tour, Hoboken Garden Tour, and the Museum Gala.
5) The DM will organize, maintain, expand, and oversee the Museum’s volunteer and donor base, working with the Executive Director and Board to cultivate relationships and ensure a strong donor stewardship program.
The ideal candidate will be self-starting and have at least a bachelor’s degree (preferably in Arts and Museum Management and/or Business Administration). They will have meaningful management and administrative work experience in a not-for-profit organization, preferably a museum. They should have experience and interest in fundraising, with a demonstrated track record of success. The candidate should also be proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Google Workspace. Experience with Salesforce is a plus. Attendance at on-site and community events is required.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, 40 hours a week position with a salary of $47,000 – $57,000, commensurate with skills and experience. Benefits are limited to two weeks of vacation and unlimited yet reasonable sick time.