Degree None Required
Amount of Hours Part-Time
Virtual / Remote Sometimes
Communications Coordinator (Part-Time)
St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church (SMT) is a vibrant and diverse ELCA church located in Hoboken, NJ, with a mission focused on social justice and community. We are searching for a part-time Communications Coordinator to support our congregation and staff.
Who We Are
Our congregation, founded in 1858, is a proud member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America, as well as a Reconciling in Christ church, accepting and welcoming all. We are committed to a world where all people are fed, brought into community, and experience the wideness of God’s compassion. Beyond our worship services, which feature rich music played on our historical organ, SMT offers a variety of exciting programs built for the Hoboken and surrounding community. These include, but are not limited to, Youth + Family programming, social justice events, and rental/event opportunities at our SMT Center, a newly-renovated community space. We also offer Lunchtime Ministry (LTM), founded in the 1970s to provide a warm meal, hospitality, and community for our neighbors who are homeless, marginally housed, or just hungry. Today, we serve 60-80 guests a day through LTM.
The Communications Coordinator will support SMT with the management of communication platforms (MailChimp, social media, website, weekly bulletin), upkeep of administration systems and in-office needs, support for church committees and events, and more. This is a great opportunity for an energetic self-starter who has experience in administration and/or project management, as well as an interest in communication and digital marketing. We view this role as the perfect position in which to further develop your skills and grow your talent.
- Support and manage a variety of communication platforms, in collaboration with the SMT Communication & Marketing Committee. Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Managing email communication, such as weekly and dedicated eblasts
- Supporting and, eventually, creating content for social media channels
- Updating and creating content for SMT’s dynamic website
- Reporting on digital marketing analytics
- Manage the creation and publication of weekly church bulletin
- Support church Council and committee needs for meetings, event marketing (such as mailers and banners), and other programming
- Manage in-office needs such as external vendor visits and calendar upkeep
- Maintain systems and administrative processes for staff and congregation, as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic Google Workshop (calendar, gmail)
- The below are not necessary, but considered a plus:
- Familiar with Wix, MailChimp and/or social media scheduling platforms
- Experience in office/administrative roles
- Ability to be a self-starter, positive, responsive, and highly organized
- Possess strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality when handling sensitive matters
- Interest in communications and digital marketing
- Desire to work in a friendly and fun environment that is welcoming to all walks of life
Work Schedule: 15/hours per week (3 days/week)
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter stating why you are interested in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.