City Jersey City
Experience 2+ Years
Degree Bachelors Degree
Amount of Hours Full-Time
Virtual / Remote Sometimes
Industry FinanceReal Estate
Veris Residential, Inc. is a forward-thinking, environmentally, and socially conscious real estate investment trust (REIT) that primarily owns, operates, acquires, and develops holistically inspired, Class A multifamily properties that meet the sustainability-conscious lifestyle needs of today’s residents while seeking to positively impact the communities it serves and the planet at large. The company is guided by an experienced management team and Board of Directors and is underpinned by leading corporate governance principles, a best-in-class and sustainable approach to operations, and an inclusive culture based on equality and meritocratic empowerment.
We have an immediate need for a well-organized individual to join our team as a Corporate Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual looking to work across different functions within a listed REIT while getting exposure to strategic tasks.
Job Title: Corporate Accountant
Reports to: VP, Financial Reporting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Jersey City
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare monthly close, general ledger activity, accounting entries, monthly workpapers and variance analytics for corporate entities
- Review work weekly payroll and prepare other compensation related workpapers, such as benefits accruals
- Prepares stock compensation accounting
- Responsible for monthly G&A budget to actual variance analysis and reporting
- Assist with preparation of various schedules and support for the Company’s SEC filings, including Form 10-K, 10-Q and proxy
- Assist with audit requests from external and internal auditors
- Ad hoc financial statement analysis
- College degree in accounting, finance, and or business or related area
- Public accounting experience preferred, but not required
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Yardi preferred
- High attention to detail and ability to manage strict deadlines.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and Excel
- Experience working in real estate a plus but not necessary
Veris Residential, Inc. has a proven record of success along with competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, FSA/DDC, company paid life insurance, supplemental insurance programs and 401(k).
Great Place to Work Certified Jan 2023 – Jan 2024
Put your career on our fast track to success by contacting us now!
For more information, log on to www.verisresidential.com. Resumes are also accepted by fax.
Veris Residential is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Veris Residential does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, creed, nationality, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, familial status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, military status or any other category protected by federal, state or other law applicable in the location of employment.