City Jersey City
Experience 2+ Years
Degree Bachelors Degree
Amount of Hours Full-Time
Virtual / Remote Sometimes
Industry Beauty / WellnessWritingAdvertising / Marketing
Account Coordinator, Public Relations – Beauty (Jersey City)
Account Executive, Beauty
First and Last PR is an award-winning strategic beauty public relations and social media marketing agency with a commitment to our clients’ needs that always comes FIRST fused with strong values that LAST. We work with high growth brands in the beauty, lifestyle, wellness and technology areas to increase their visibility and value.
The Account Coordinator position is both creative and provides comprehensive administrative assistance across the company’s beauty division. Must be particularly well-organized, detailed-oriented, flexible, able to work independently and within a team, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a busy office. Must respond expeditiously to diverse assignments, take responsibility for projects from beginning to end, and consistently operate with a sense of urgency without losing sight of the details.
The ability to interact with staff, clientele, and all external contacts—in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient —is crucial to this role.
It is also required that candidates hold a keen interest in the beauty/wellness/lifestyle industry in which this position centrally operates.
Assist Senior Beauty Executives in executing strategic publicity campaigns for clients:
· Draft press materials including: tip sheets, bios, press releases, media-alerts
· Clip client press hits with Photoshop and send to client first thing each morning
· Create & maintain media pitch grids for beauty clients
· Write call & meeting agendas and recaps (internally & externally for the client)
· Pitch beauty media & media follow-up including sponsorship opportunities
· Create press recap decks in PowerPoint
· Communicate with the client via email, bi-weekly conference calls & meetings
· Create and maintain a press status report (for team meetings & for the client)
· Prepare & manage beauty products and mailings
· Manage calendar appointments (schedule, confirm, follow up)
· Develop relationships with beauty bloggers, websites and editors
Participate in Professional Development opportunities:
· Network with PR professionals and media
· Attend networking industry events
· Share reports on media news, digital advances, and publications (trade & consumer)
· Contribute innovative & creative ideas to company brainstorms
· Build relationships with industry experts
· Knowledgeable and interested in social media and social media influencers
· Demonstrates strong Writing & Oral Communication Skills
· Thorough with internet industry research
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, and PowerPoint
· Can quickly learn Muckrack, Canva and Photoshop
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
Passionate and inquisitive about the beauty and media industry
Embrace and embody First and Last PR Core Values, defined as:
At First and Last PR we encourage our employees to communicate freely, be innovative, produce fresh solutions and express their ideas.
Inclusive & Diverse
At First and Last PR we celebrate ALL walks of life, not because it is the human thing to do, but because being your whole self is a superpower everyone should have the opportunity to express.
We are all human and showing respect through acts of humility and empathy goes a long way to not only ourselves, but to our colleagues, partners and clients.
We strive to set the highest standard of quality in all that we do at First and Last PR even if that means rolling up our sleeves and reaching beyond our comfort zone to become more innovative than we were yesterday.
Not only do we work to ensure our clients trust us with their work but it’s important First and Last PR employee do what is right as a person’s integrity is one of our building blocks.
We challenge ourselves and take pride in attracting likeminded visionaries who embrace an entrepreneurial essence through inventive and innovative strategies.
Take action and display an ambitious yet always inquisitive persona.
Stimulation is an important aspect of our team’s unity and growth. Hard work at First and Last PR almost never goes unnoticed, and we encourage our employees to reign supreme in all they produce.
At First and Last PR we are tenacious, determined forward thinkers with optimism that is generated though our high energy.
Health, dental, vision, 401K, a healthy day off policy, career education, perks and more!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Account Coordinator – Beauty HBG”.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE